The elves have been working overtime to bring you great new features just in time for the New Year! Are you ready? Here they are:
1. Interviews with leading church influencers. I’ll be talking with some of the best people in the churchworld today on a variety of topics that impact small churches. And, I hope you can watch the interviews in both real time and delay. (Still working on that part.)
2. Friday Freebies! I’m giving away stuff this year free each Friday. Books, CDs, DVDs, maybe even some event tickets. That’s 52 Fridays of free stuff, so stick around for ways you can win real stuff starting January 2, 2009!
3. Profiles of small churches in action. See what small churches like yours and mine are doing in ministry. I also need suggestions for churches to feature, so here’s your chance to tell your story to a few thousand people each month. Email me — chuckwarnock (at) gmail (dot) com. Nominate your church, too; this is no time for modesty!
4. You asked for it! Features you asked for with comments by leading church thinkers on any topic of interest to small church leaders. Let me hear from you at the email address in #3.
5. Trends and technology. Are you Twittering? How could you use social networks to enhance ministry? Who do you know doing that effectively? This goes along with my new blog, Outreach2Go.com, which will feature more in-depth pieces on mobile tech and social media.
6. A social network. Still in the works, but definitely coming in 2009. Stay tuned!
7. smallchurchPROF.com. More later, but this will be good.
8. New categories. Prayer, spirituality, missions, and more. Plus I’ll feature churches that excel in these areas.
9. ReTweeters Club. Or something like it.
10. Videos. Everything from sermon prep to time management to pastoral care.
In addition to all the new stuff, I’ll update the pages about our church, resources, the abbey church concept, and overhaul the sidebars, too. Should be a good year for small churches and I hope it is for yours. Happy New Year. May 2009 bring you God’s peace and joy in wonderful new ways!
You must be logged in to post a comment.